Thank you for joining AstroQuest and helping make a difference in discovering the Universe! You and your class’ contributions are already being used by our science team to improve their research.
As a thank you for being involved and helping to make AstroQuest such a success, we want to send you a free gift:
- a class set of ‘Cosmic Champions’ AstroQuest stickers for use with your students (full list of Cosmic Champions),
- some classroom posters that describe AstroQuest and the work AstroQuesters do that is linked to the curriculum, and
- some magnets for you and your class to enjoy.
Also, to help you encourage the next generation of budding astronomers we have 10 class sets of galileoscope telescopes to give away for free. Fill out the form below by October 30th 2020 to request your class set and we’ll randomly draw the lucky 10 schools from all requests received. The telescopes have lots of curriculum-based education resources available online to use for teaching and are a modern replica of the telescope Galileo used.
ICRAR AstroQuest scope giveaway – Terms & Conditions of Entry
1. The promoter of the ICRAR AstroQuest Scope Giveaway (“Competition“) is the University of Western Australia (ABN 37 882 817 280) of 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009 (“UWA“).
2. Details on eligibility, how to enter and the prizes for the Competition are set out in these terms and conditions of entry (“Terms and Conditions“). By entering into this Competition, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this Competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Subject to clause 5., any Australian-based teacher who has registered as an AstroQuest user before 1st October 2020, who has fulfilled the requirements set out in these Terms and Conditions is eligible to enter the Competition.
5. Employees of UWA or its associated agencies and companies, and their immediate family members are eligible to enter this Competition.
6. UWA or its contractor or agent may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entrant for any reason including breaching these terms and conditions, or acceptable or reasonable standards of safety, conduct and respect.
How to enter
7. Eligible persons may enter the Competition by filling in the form above.
8. UWA has the discretion to deem incomprehensible, illegible, non-compliant and incomplete entries invalid.
Number of entries permitted
9. Entrants may submit a single entry to the competition. Duplicate entries will be counted as one entry.
Prizes on offer
10. The total value of the prize pool is $3600AUD;
11. The ten prizes are a set of ten galileoscope telescopes, to be posted to the winning schools in November 2020.
12. The prize is subject to the following rules:
a. the prize-winning entries shall be selected by UWA at its absolute discretion (subject to clause 15);
b. the prize must be taken as stated at clause 10 and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash;
c. if the specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, UWA may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value;
d. any tax payable as a result of the prize being awarded or received will be the prize winner’s responsibility;
e. UWA takes no responsibility for the loss of the prize or the inability of the prize winner to use the prize due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prize winner, or otherwise; and
f. UWA makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability, merchantability of the Prize.
13. The winner acknowledges and agrees that no other payment, cost, fee or prize is payable to the winner by UWA other than as expressly stated in clauses 11 and 12 above.
Open, close and draw and publish dates
14. The competition commences on October 14th, 2020 at 12:01am AWST and closes on October 30th, 2020 at 11:59pm AWST (“Promotional Period“). Entries must be received by UWA during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries received after this time will not be included in the Competition and UWA accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.
15. The prize winner will be determined by a random draw.
16. The prize selection will take place on November 3rd at 12.01pm AWST.
17. The winners will be notified by email within five business days of the prize selection.
18. The prize will be shipped to the winner, using the mailing address provided in their entry.
19. UWA takes no responsibility for lost or unclaimed parcels. If returned to sender, UWA may conduct further draws following expiry of a 30 day period, in accordance with this clause 19.
Publicity of Competition
20. It is a condition of entry in the Competition that UWA has the right to publish the name and school of entrants (“Materials“) for any matter incidental to the Competition or the promotion or marketing of UWA.
21. UWA may use such Materials in any medium including without limiting on its website or other electronic means, in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
Privacy and miscellaneous
23. All entries remain the property of the entrant at all times.
24. By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is giving UWA permission to use the materials outlined in clause 20 for marketing, publicity or promotional purposes.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, UWA (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, liabilities arising from or in connection with:
a. any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under UWA’s control);
b. any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
c. any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by UWA) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of UWA;
d. any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
e. any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
f. redemption of the prize; and
g. participation in the Competition
26. UWA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or otherwise close the competition earlier than is stated in these terms and conditions for safety, security, technical failures, weather conditions or any other causes which affect the proper administration, fairness or security of the Competition.
For more information
27. For more information please contact Kirsten Gottschalk via email@example.com.