ICRAR was established to develop the capability to deliver one of the world’s largest and most ambitious science projects—the Square Kilometre Array.
The centre is home to more than 150 world-class scientists, engineers and big data experts, along with in-house project managers and industry engagement specialists.
ICRAR has a strong track record in delivering real-world projects, from telescopes on the ground in Western Australia’s harsh outback to data-intensive algorithms tested on the world’s fastest supercomputer.
ICRAR has drawn from industry and academia to build an exceptional multidisciplinary team. We have key capabilities in the areas of:
- Data science and big data analytics (including development of algorithms and AI for data analysis, development of source detection and characterisation software, consultancy and training for statistics, programming and data analysis, software licensing and open source software, game design and online applications, and large astronomy datasets that can be shared for product testing)
- Electromagnetic radiation modelling and simulation (including antenna characterisation and design)
- Digital signal processing
- RF engineering (including next-generation technologies such as 5G)
- Instrumentation and real-time digital system development
- Sensor design, characterisation and interfacing
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing and design for low electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Systems integration
- Other expertise related to radio astronomy science, engineering and data-intensive astronomy
Access to ICRAR’s highly-experienced team of scientists, engineers and data-intensive computing specialists.
Opens the door to a range of government grants and tax incentives.
Learn from cutting-edge infrastructure including the multimillion-dollar Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) telescope and other technology demonstrations for the Square Kilometre Array
Partner with developers of software tested on the world’s top supercomputers, including the fastest supercomputer in the world Summit.
Partner with us
ICRAR has a strong track record of harnessing industry partnerships to find key solutions to scientific and technological problems, and deliver world-class projects.
The Centre’s industry collaborators range from global powerhouses such as Amazon to innovative local start-ups.
Our team includes industry engagement specialists who are available to discuss partnership opportunities and work with you to scope a project.
To find out more about partnering with us, please contact: