Welcome to the Murchison Radio-astronomy Observatory (MRO), Australia’s SKA site!
Created by ICRAR, CSIRO and the Australian SKA Office, this virtual tour of the MRO includes information and 360 degree views of all the key locations on site, including:
- SKA Precursors the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) and CSIRO’s Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP).
- The AAVS, an SKA-low prototype station with 256 of the ‘Christmas tree’ antennas designed for the low frequency SKA.
- The MRO Control Building.
- The Solar Hybrid Power Station.
- The Pawsey Supercomputing Centre in Perth
Virtual tour design and coding by Red Empire Media.