At ICRAR, we are committed to a diverse workforce
ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for. ICRAR is committed to creating a working environment and culture that is inclusive and provides equal opportunities, irrespective of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, culture and origin. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to an excellent workplace. We appreciate the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals and harness a collaborative environment. We actively encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds, and we encourage flexible working hours in consultation with management.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
We have an exciting position available for a Research Associate to join the Murchison Widefield Array Epoch of Reionisation (EoR) project within the ARC Centre of Excellence for All-Sky Astrophysics in 3 Dimensions (ASTRO 3D). This role will triage and process the cleanest existing data from the MWA project toward the most stringent limits on brightness temperature fluctuations from the Epoch of Reionisation.
- A doctoral qualification in a relevant discipline is essential for appointment as a Research Associate.
- Previous experience in radio interferometric data, Epoch of Reionisation observations or Epoch of Reionisation estimators
- Experience working with low-frequency radio interferometric data with aperture array telescopes
- Experience with radio data calibration and processing
- Experience with signal extraction, estimators and statistics
- Experience working with Epoch of Reionisation simulated or real datasets