ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for.
For more information on the benefits of employment at ICRAR with either Curtin University or The University of Western Australia, you can visit the Curtin or UWA employment websites.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
|ASTRO 3D Research Scientist in HI Galaxy Evolution Surveys||502322||UWA||28-APR-2019|
ASTRO 3D Research Scientist in HI Galaxy Evolution Surveys
- 3 year appointment
- Salary: Level A8 – $93,653 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
This ASTRO 3D research position will be based at ICRAR/UWA and will focus on the DINGO HI survey. As a member of the DINGO team, the researcher will assist with deep spectral line integrations using the ASKAP telescope to understand the role HI has played in galaxy evolution over the past 4 billion years. This project is closely aligned with the GAMA survey (and in future WAVES), enabling a wide range of spectroscopic and multiwavelength analyses. The researcher will work with DINGO principal investigator, Dr Martin Meyer, and other members of the DINGO, ICRAR, and ASTRO 3D teams, to create the core survey data products for the survey and carry out early science analyses from this ground-breaking survey.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- PhD in radio astronomy or related discipline
- Experience in an area of astrophysics relevant to the ASKAP DINGO survey
- Experience in radio astronomy techniques and/or data intensive astronomy methods to assist in the processing and analysis of DINGO data
- Good publication record as evidenced by international refereed publications
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in distributed scientific collaborations
- An understanding of equal opportunity principles and policies and a commitment to their application in a university context
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.