ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for.
For more information on the benefits of employment at ICRAR with either Curtin University or The University of Western Australia, you can visit the Curtin or UWA employment websites.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
|Senior Research Fellow – Data Science||504083||UWA||03-MAR-2020|
Senior Research Fellow – Data Science
Join a team of diverse and globally distributed experts in areas of software engineering, computer science, algorithmic development and be part of one of the most biggest project in astronomical science and engineering.
- Salary range: Level C ($122,456 – $140,861 p.a.) plus employer contributed superannuation of 17%
- 2 year appointment on a full time basis
As the Senior Research Fellow with skills and experience in advanced data science technologies, you will take a lead role in extracting information from complex and big data sets. You will also lead various existing research projects inside and outside of astronomy with an aim to develop and formulate new research projects.
You will be part of the Data Intensive Astronomy (DIA) team with your machine learning and artificial intelligence skills. You will provide support to diverse groups of people internally from colleagues within ICRAR and externally from CSIRO and other partner institutes and companies. You will also contribute to teaching and supervise Masters and PhD students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Degree in a scientific field such as computer science or software engineering or demonstrated equivalent competency. PhD is desirable but not mandatory
- Substantial and extensive experience in the application of advanced data science methodologies to complex data sets. Experience with more traditional scientific or statistical algorithms is desirable
- Experience in teaching and supervision