At ICRAR, we are committed to a diverse workforce
ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for. ICRAR is committed to creating a working environment and culture that is inclusive and provides equal opportunities, irrespective of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, culture and origin. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to an excellent workplace. We appreciate the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals and harness a collaborative environment. We actively encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds, and we encourage flexible working hours in consultation with management.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
We are seeking an experienced software engineer/developer to join the Curtin effort towards the Australian Square Kilometre Array (SKA) Regional (AusSRC) project; an initiative to test the scientific and computational requirements needed for the future Australian data processing centre for the SKA. The role is embedded in the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA) Operations Team in the Curtin Institute for Radio Astronomy.
In this role you will:
- Liaise with key scientific and technical stakeholders to distill scientific use cases into requirements and then develop appropriate software solutions.
- Contribute to the development of requirements and system architecture of HPC systems such as is envisaged for the Australian SKA Regional Centre.
- Investigate current and future technologies relevant to the astronomy usage of national high-performance computing facilities.
- Ensure that suitable documentation is created and maintained.
We are looking for someone with:
- A degree in computer science, software engineering or information technology with relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Extensive experience in C/C++ and Python.
- Demonstrated experience with development of code for GPUs.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with scientific and technical project stakeholders to translate scientific use-cases into requirements and then develop the required software solutions.
- Demonstrated skills and a high level of expertise in development of high performance parallel and distributed software.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver software development (or closely related) projects on time and on budget with successful end-user outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in technical or scientific writing.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and a demonstrated high standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Knowledge of radio astronomy and/or mathematics, particularly algorithm development would be an asset.