ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for.
For more information on the benefits of employment at ICRAR with either Curtin University or The University of Western Australia, you can visit the Curtin or UWA employment websites.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
|ICRAR Visiting Fellowship For Senior Women In Astronomy||N/A||Curtin and UWA||31-OCT-2019|
ICRAR Visiting Fellowship For Senior Women In Astronomy
ICRAR is committed to supporting women in astronomical sciences and technology. This fellowship is aimed at providing an opportunity for senior women astronomers, as well as engineers and data scientists working in the field of astronomy, (having more than five years research work experience post PhD) to visit ICRAR and interact with ICRAR researchers and graduate students. This is the sixth round of this Fellowship.
The main objectives of the fellowship are to:
- Create opportunities for young researchers at ICRAR, particularly women, to learn career development and work-life balance strategies from potential senior role models.
- Enable scientific interaction between early career researchers and graduate students, particularly women, with senior academic visitors.
- Explore opportunities for developing mentoring relations.
- Enrich the research environment at ICRAR.
- Create opportunities to foster national and international collaborations.
The Fellow is expected to take part in a range of mutually discussed and agreed activities in line with the objectives of the Fellowship and split the time similarly between the two ICRAR nodes (Curtin University and UWA), in order to have the opportunity to participate in ICRAR’s daily life and engage with people at both institutes.
Note, this is a visiting fellowship for a women already employed at another institution.