At ICRAR, we are committed to a diverse workforce
ICRAR is a great place to work, and we encourage you to apply for any vacancy that you are suitably qualified for. ICRAR is committed to creating a working environment and culture that is inclusive and provides equal opportunities, irrespective of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, culture and origin. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to an excellent workplace. We appreciate the experiences, skills and perspectives of all individuals and harness a collaborative environment. We actively encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds, and we encourage flexible working hours in consultation with management.
For more information on the benefits of employment at ICRAR with either Curtin University or The University of Western Australia, you can visit the Curtin or UWA employment websites.
For jobs with the SKA Organisation, please head to the SKA Organisation recruitment website.
|Manager (Translation and Impact)||513525||UWA||22-FEB-23|
Manager (Translation and Impact)
- Great opportunity to translate blue sky, big data science and engineering to industry, communities and multi-disciplinary sectors.
- Full-time fixed-term appointment until 30 June 2024 with possibility of extension. Part-time (>0.6FTE) will also be considered
- Base salary range: $103,364.00 – $112,981.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
As the appointee you will, under broad direction, take a lead role in driving the ICRAR UWA’s Translation and Impact (T&I) Program. You will lead the establishment of new partnerships and engagement with key stakeholders, including industry.
You will proactively work with ICRAR UWA Program Directors and Project Leads to identify, initiate, implement, review and ensure reporting of T&I projects and activities.
You will focus on projects that translate ICRAR UWA’s Science, Data Intensive Astronomy and Astrophotonics expertise to industry, communities and multi-disciplinary sectors.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Demonstrated substantial expertise in industry engagement and project development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy project management best practices, policies, procedures, and processes and deliver quality outcomes in a limited timeframe
- Experience of working with scientists and science teams to support them identifying and translating relevant skills
- Experience of working with astronomy and data science related scientists would be an asset
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving and organisational skills to effectively plan and implement multiple projects