Final programme now available (1/12/2018):
Broadly, the two days are split into the following two themes
DAY ONE THEME: ‘ASTRONOMY EPO IN CONTEXT’
- Why do we communicate astronomy?
- What is outreach and education and what is its purpose?
- Where does our work fit into the evolving astronomy landscape in Australia and globally?
- Who should be communicating Australian astronomy work?
- How important is our work in a restricted funding environment?
DAY TWO THEME: ‘PRACTICAL SKILLS FOR HIGH EPO IMPACT’
- Series of Australian Case Studies involving connecting Astronomy and EPO
- How do we support our scientists to communicate their science?
- Engaging with a formal school environment.
- Opportunities for connecting with local and national media
- Opportunities for engaging Gifted and Talented Students in Research
These themes will be exploring through a variety of short talks, panel sessions, workshop sessions and discussion groups that will provide plenty of ideas and allow us to map out priorities for the future of astronomy EPO across Australia.