ASKAP 2016: The future of radio astronomy surveys
6-10 June 2016
CSIRO’s Australian SKA Pathfinder (ASKAP) telescope, currently being commissioned, is already delivering unique and exciting scientific opportunities. By mid-2016, we will begin a series of major sky surveys that will deliver spectacular new data to the astronomy research community.
This conference is an opportunity to share cutting-edge results from ASKAP and to discuss future strategies for observing and data sharing in large astronomical surveys in the lead-up to SKA.
ASKAP 2016 aims to:
- Bring together the ASKAP user community to plan key aspects of the science surveys.
- Learn from international experts on conducting large astronomical surveys and exploiting complex data sets.
- Showcase the exciting new results from ASKAP Commissioning and Early Science.
- Make plans for ASKAP’s ten major science surveys.
- Provide training in the use of Virtual Observatory tools.
- Showcase astronomical surveys at other wavelengths that will be complimentary to ASKAP.
More information and registration details at the conference webpage.