I spend most of my direct research time working on observational surveys, in particular GAMA. I also supervise and co-supervise a diverse range of students, covering topics such as astrostatistics, computational theory, computer science, multi-wavelength galaxy evolution (everything but X-ray pretty much) and image analysis. If you are interested on doing a project (Masters or PhD) in any of these areas then please get in touch, and we can see where our interests overlap. To get a better idea of my research interests check my ADS co-authored papers.
I am an active contributor to the nascent field of astrostatistics. I created and admin the popular Astrostatistics group on FaceBook (~3,300 members) and have contributed and maintain a number of R packages that are hosted on the Central R Archive Network, such as
- tggd: Statistical routines describing the truncated generalised gamma distribution.
- celestial: Astronomical coordinate conversions and cosmology functions
- hyper.fit: Hyper-plane fitting package
- magicaxis: Advanced 2D plotting utilities for R, allowing easy production of journal grade plots
- ProFit: Bayesian 2D galaxy profiling suite
- snapshot: Gadget N-body snapshot reader and writer.
- sphereplot: Advanced 3D plotting utilities for R, allowing easy production of interactive celestial sphere plots.
The content of this page is maintained by Aaron Robotham, please contact them with any questions or comments on this content.