Applications for the 2012 Studentship program have closed and successful applicants will be contacted by Friday the 12th of October.
Studentships such as ICRAR's are an excellent opportunity for undergraduate students to experience cutting edge research in Australia. If you are interested in a Summer Studentship with ICRAR, we welcome your application in 2013.
In 2012 selected undergraduate students (3rd and 4th year and honours students) from Australia and New Zealand will receive up to $6,000 over the 10 week internship. Applicants not from Western Australia will also receive one return airfare to Perth from their home city. Accommodation can be organised by ICRAR and will be subsidised by up to 50%.
Details of the available projects (including detailed project proposals) are available on the 2012 Project Descriptions page. Four of the eight internships available are offered jointly with iVEC for projects with a computational focus.
The successful applicants are expected to begin in late November (November 26th) and work for 10 weeks through to February 2013.
Applications for 2012 have now closed. Applications were due by COB September 14th 2012. For reference, this is the application form (Microsoft Word Document) that was required.
All applications also included:
- Completed Application Form (all responses required)
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Official Academic Transcript
- Two Academic References
As part of the application process students were asked what projects they preferred - a list of projects on offer this summer can be found on the 2012 Project Descriptions page
Successful students will be contacted by October 12th.
Evaluation and selection will be based on:
- Student qualification and past performance
- Student motivation and expected benefit
- Applicants must be undergraduate students (3rd year and above, including honours).
- Internships will run for approximately 10 weeks during the period November 2012 to February 2013, although dates for the internships are negotiable. Students are expected to start on the 26th of November.
- The studentship is for up to $6,000 per student, paid in fortnightly installments for the duration of the studentship.
- Applicants from outside WA will receive a return flight to Perth from their home city, as well as up to 50% accommodation subsidy from ICRAR.
- For ICRAR/iVEC projects there will be a mandatory one-week induction in the first week.
- Students must be studying at an Australian or New Zealand educational institution and not have held an internship with ICRAR in the past.
- Students will write a final report and give an oral presentation on their work at the conclusion of the project. ICRAR/iVEC students are also expected to submit a podcast describing their work.
- Students will be expected to maintain a high level of attendance throughout the duration of the internship and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.