Purpose of the Fellowship
ICRAR is committed to supporting women in astronomical sciences and technology. This fellowship is aimed at providing an opportunity for senior women astronomers (having more than 5 years research work experience post PhD) to visit ICRAR and interact with ICRAR researchers and graduate students. The main objectives of the fellowship are to:
- Enrich the research environment at ICRAR
- Create opportunities to foster national and international collaborations
- Enable scientific interaction between early career researchers and graduate students, particularly women, with senior academic visitors
- Create opportunities for young researchers to learn career development and work-life balance strategies from potential role models
- Explore opportunities for developing mentoring relations
What the Fellowship provides
ICRAR will offer one fellowship per calendar year and will provide:
- $5000 per month for three months for living and accommodation expenses
- Travel assistance of up to $5000
- Needs based additional support of up to $4000 may be provided for childcare or other required support
Applications will open on the ICRAR website (www.icrar.org) on the 7 April 2015 and will close on the 15th of June 2015. The selected visiting fellow will have the flexibility to visit ICRAR at a mutually convenient time within a 12 month period from the 1st of August, 2015. The visit may be split into two with mutual agreement with no additional funding requested. The information required in the application will include:
- A personal statement on supporting women in astronomy
- The proposed duration of the visit and dates
- The research activity to be undertaken at ICRAR and the name of an ICRAR collaborator
- How the visit will address the objectives of the fellowship as listed above
- A full CV and a suggested topic for a research seminar.
To apply, please send the above items addressed to Associate Director Renu Sharma c/- firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed by ICRAR and applicants will be informed of the outcome by the 15 July 2015. Please contact ICRAR Associate Director and COO, Dr Renu Sharma, for additional details or questions regarding this fellowship.