News | Events and Seminars
- Work towards largest telescope awarded
- 05 Nov 2013
- Return on astronomy investment begins
The international Square Kilometre Array (SKA) office awarded contracts to prepare for the world’s largest radio telescope yesterday, marking the start of the return on Australia and WA’s investment in the ambitious Square Kilometre Array.
- Gravitational waves help understand black-hole weight gain
- 18 Oct 2013
Supermassive black holes: every large galaxy’s got one. But here’s a real conundrum: how did they grow so big? A paper in today’s issue of Science pits the front-running ideas about the growth of supermassive black holes against observational data — a limit on the strength of gravitational waves, obtained with CSIRO’s Parkes radio telescope in eastern Australia.
- Top UWA astronomer honoured by election to technology academy
- 17 Oct 2013
- Professor Peter Quinn, ICRAR Director and Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics at The University of Western Australia is among 25 Australians elected today as new Fellows of the prestigious Australian Academy of Technological Sciences and Engineering (ATSE).
Subscribe to the ICRAR News RSS feed